We will start our tour by walking around the historic downtown area – the heart of Moscow. Among other places, we will visit Saint Basil’s Cathedral, the Resurrection Gates, Lenin’s Mausoleum, and Alexander Garden.
Then we will go inside the Kremlin, and a guide will show you the premises of this ancient fortress, along with Cathedral Square and a visit to its famous churches: Annunciation Cathedral, the Cathedral of the Archangel, and Assumption Cathedral. You will also see the Ivan the Great Bell Tower, Tsar Cannon, and the Tsar Bell, but the main thing is that you will become familiar with the history of Moscow. An additional option is visiting the Kremlin Armoury (+1,5 h).
After lunch – a full-fledged panoramic tour awaits you in the form of a comfortable trip by car around the most well-known places in the city (~ 4 hours).
Among other things, during the panoramic tour you will see:
- the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour and the Patriarch Bridge;
- the world famous Bolshoi Theater;
- Novodevichy Convent, one of Russia’s most ancient monasteries;
- the riverbanks along the Moskva River;
- Sparrow Hills, where a panoramic view opens up on the entire city.
If you are interested in a particular place in Moscow, we can set up another route according to your personal preferences (needs to be agreed upon beforehand).
Day: 2Moscow off the beaten path
Soviet-era Moscow tour: Moscow metro
In the morning we are going to have a stroll throughout the historical downtown neighborhood of Zamoskvorechye District where you will get to enjoy the Moscow of the 19th century. Right after the stroll we will head to the Tretyakov Gallery, the best place to explore Russian painting tradition and enjoy the masterpieces of the most famous Russian artists.
After lunch we are going to travel back in time to the 20th century: the Soviet-era Moscow awaits you! In 4-5 hours you will see:
- the Muzeon Park of Arts, where sculptures from Soviet times are still preserved;
- Moscow Metrowhich is considered to be one of the most beautiful underground systems of the world (if not the most beautiful);
- The House on the Embankment, famous for its history deeply connected to the Soviet regime;
- upon request – the State Museum of GULAG's History.
Number of persons
Price per person (in euro)
This price includes:
- a local private guide speaking your language (English, French, Spanish, German, Portuguese);
- entrance tickets to all indicated sights and museums (Novodevichi convent, Kremlin, Tretyakov gallery, etc.);
- transport (car or minivan) for the panoramic sightseeing tour.